Each day has its own significance. The importance of each day is signified by many happenings that took place on that particular day. What is the importance of 1st June In Indian History ?
We have listed some important events that happened in 1st June In Indian History. Read on to know more about this day.
1st June In Indian History
- 1842: Satyendranath Tagore, Bengali officer and literateur, was born.
- 1874: East India Company was dissolved.
- 1904: Four Language panel was used for Rangoon. This panel had languages namely Burmese, Urdu, Tamil and Chinese.
- 1916: Lokmanya Tilak roared ”Freedom (Swaraj) is my birthright” at Ahmednagar.
- 1929: Nargis, one of the leading actresses of Indian cinema, was born as Fatima Rashid.
- 1930:The first Indian luxurious fast train ‘Deccan Queen’ started from Victoria Terminus (CST) to Pune.
- 1945: Tata Fundamental Research Institute was established.
- 1959: The Chinese occupied Tibet and Dalai Lama fled to India.
- 1964: Nava Paisa, established in 1947, was renamed as ‘Paisa’.
- 1972: Space Commission and Department of Space was set up. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) brought under Department of Space (DOS).
- 1985: Indian cricketer, Dinesh Karthik was born.
- 1987: Khwaja Ahmad Abbas, Indian film director and screenwriter, passed away.
- 1993: Premkumar Sharma, MLA of Bhartiya Janata Party, was assassinated.
- 1996: Neelam Sanjiva Reddy, sixth President of India, passed away.
- 1997: Ghulam Rasool Wani, National Conference leader, was kidnapped and shot dead by militants at Kaskot in Doda district, Jammu.