Before dreaming about IIT, every student dream about getting the best coaching institute for IIT JEE.
Do you dream the same?
Do you search for the best coaching class on Google every day?
Coaching institutes play an important role in preparing for IIT JEE. Every student who plans to join coaching institutes for IIT JEE faces this dilemma.
It is not an easy process to get into your choice of coaching as lakh of students apply to get into these coaching.
Coaching institute does not guarantee about clearing exam but to get through IIT, coaching institute plays an important role. If you want to get an extra edge over students, it is important to join coaching institutes. Knowing why studying at a coaching institute is better than home preparation.
Below are the few important points which one should look into before selecting any coaching institutes:
• Faculty members and their experience – This is the first and the foremost point which one should look for. The performance of any coaching institute depends highly on the type of faculties coaching has. They should have a great teaching experience. One should also check the education qualification of teacher, which IIT alumni they are, as teachers who have gone to IIT has a good experience
• Students feedback- With this point I want to say that while visiting the coaching you can talk to their students and about the study pattern followed, feedback of faculties, etc. The more you ask them would be better than looking for the same info on goggle as we can’t rely only on Google data. Student’s feedback matters the most as they are currently a part of that institute.
• Study material – The study material of a coaching institute is well designed with the pool of problem sums. It’s not only the previous year’s paper or the same repetitive problems that are solved every day. The material should have good variation and all types of questions of each category. It should be given in bulk that solving that book seems to be a difficult task for students.
• Success Ratio – It is the ratio of students who have cleared IIT to students who have appeared for the exam. Every institute has thousands of students studying for the same course. We should always be curious to know the success ratio of students clearing the exams. The better the success ratio, the better the institute is.
• Scholarships – Every coaching institute has scholarships for students who score good marks in the entrance test. So, getting a good score in this exam is very important because through this you can avail of the scholarship. They also provide scholarships to students who are bright but lack financial support. Therefore we should look for the institutes which provide good scholarships.
• Query class – Some students might feel hesitant to ask a question during lectures. So, coaching institutes should conduct a query class once a week, which should be kept optional for students. It is very important as the query will come when students will practice at home.
• Teacher-student ratio – Coaching institutes have thousands have students for one course. We should be concerned about the point that how many students are there in one class at a time under one faculty. The higher the number of students in a class, the lesser the attention a faculty can give to a student. As there are few institutes, where there are 100-150 students in one class at a time and students, teacher interaction becomes restricted to few students only.
• Adequate infrastructure – Infrastructure is the core point of any institute. They should have big and spacious classrooms. It should have basic facilities which are required during lectures. Some coaching also has library facilities where students can issue books for extra studies.
• The area around – The locality of any coaching is the main and crucial point that every parent looks into. The area around the coaching institute should be safe and secured. Coaching should not be far from the city or in an isolated area. The places around coaching should have daily requirement things at a reachable distance.
Even hostels, food corners and stationery shops should be at a small distance from coaching that students don’t have to travel more for small things every day. Some coaching has tie-ups with hostels where students of the same coaching stay together. This helps students to get an environment
• Performance evaluation – Coaching institutes conduct tests on a weekly basis. Student performance in these tests should be evaluated.
• Fee structure and Refund policy –
Before visiting the coaching institute, we should get an idea about the fee structure. Fees differ from one coaching to others. Some coaching also provides discounts to attract students. The major question arises is, how to pay the fee, is installment facility available, what if a student wants to change the coaching institute in the middle of the session, is there any refund policy? Keep these key points in mind related to the fee.
• Change as required –
IIT JEE changes its pattern year to year. Coaching should change their study material, tactics, guidelines, HOTS (Higher Order Thinking Skills) according to the latest pattern. So, we should ask the person at the desk about the change is being implemented or not.
Above mentioned are just the points that one needs to consider, apart from this one’s hard and dedication is utmost for getting through IIT.