Aloo Potala Rasa is very famous in Odisha.This is very simple and easy to prepare and you can prepare this tasty dish on regular days.
- Parwal- 500 gm
- Potato- 150 gm
- Shredded coconut -10 tablespoon
- Tomato – 2(Cut in Pieces)
- Poppy seeds(khus khus)- 5 teaspoon
- Dry chilies- 1or 2( as per taste)
- Cumin seeds- 2 ½ teaspoon
- Cashew nut -10 pieces
- Bay leaf – 2
- Turmeric powder- 1teasppon
- Oil -10 tablespoon
- Ginger -1/2inch
- Garlic – 10 pieces
- Salt – as per taste
Preparation : Step wise
- Wash and peel the parwals. Cut each parwal in two halves (not length wise).
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 2 or 4 pieces(As per size)
- Make a fine paste of shredded coconut, ginger,Garlic, poppy seeds (khus khus), cashew nuts, dry chilly and cumin seeds.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Fry the parwal and potatoes till golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat some oil in the pan and fry cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- Add the masala paste, turmeric powder. Put Tomato pieces and Fry it till oil starts coming out.
- Add fried parwal and potatoes, stir it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Put 3 cups of water and salt to taste. Bring it to boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes or till the potatoes are cooked and the gravy is thick. Off the Gas And put some Coriander leaves.
Your Tasty food is ready .You can serve it with Rice and Roti.